Thursday, September 18, 2008

She is officially ours

As I sit here and type, Carissa is in my lap sleeping away. Yesterday we went back to the Civil affairs office and made it official. We were able to meet with her orphanage director and nanny and ask questions. They said she was a very good baby and very content and sweet. They lovesd to spoil her and I can tell. She loves to be held and cuddled. Today was a free day so we wallked around Changsha a little. It is extremely hot here so we can't spend much time out side. We have enjoyed the playroom here and the pool. We even ordered out Pizza Hut tonight. I will post more when I can. Hopefully I can get these pictures downloaded without any problems. If not, please forgive me, I am honestly trying!! Tomorrow and the following two days will be some sightseeing around the city then onto to Guangzhou on Monday afternoon

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! I am so happy for you. I will definitely pray for continued safety. Please tell Ryan hello and congrats on being a big brother. I know he will be a great help to you and your family. ~ Jennifer Van Der Heide

Sheri said...

Curt:

I just got your blogspot from Gloria and have enjoyed reviewing all that you have been doing since arriving in China. It brings back so many memories from when we got Sarah.

Blessings to you and your family. Enjoy your remaining days and I look forward to hearing from you when you get back.

John Winters
DeVos Children's Hospital

jewell said...

I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet Carissa. When I read this last post I got teary eyed. What a wonderful feeling it must be for you to have her sleeping in your lap. You and Curt (and Ryan) have waited so very long. I hope to see pics soon.

Don and Be said...

Greetings,
Just returned from Chengsha about 7 weeks ago with our little daughter Joanna Mei. She is a joy.
Just wanted to wish you many blessings on your journey - we admire your hearts for adoption.

Don, Be & Joanna Mei