Sunday, September 7, 2008

Baby Shower and 5 Days til Travel

Today some dear friends gave me a shower for Carissa. We played some fun games, opened presents and then my friends and some of their children gathered around me and they prayed for Carissa, our trip and her adjustment to our family. What a fun and neat time we had!! Our pastor's wife bought Carissa her first little doll. It even smelled like a baby. How fun!! I loved dolls when I was a young girl so I am hoping that she will love them as well.

When I got home, the roll of border that I had ordered had finally arrived so we put that up, got her gifts put away and now her room is complete. Very girly, with lots of pink and some green. We have 4 full days until we travel on Thursday so we still have some things to accomplish before traveling. I think that I will be ready to rest on the long plan ride over there.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Pam,

It's great to "meet" you! You are in for such a treat here in China. We have enjoyed both our trips. We have had two completely different experiences, but both have been treasured.

I'm afraid we will not connect here in China. When you are in Hunan we will be in Guangzhou. We leave China on the 19th.

Perhaps we will meet in Michigan some day.

Tonya